Thursday, November 11, 2010

Valuable Time Wasted

About a month ago, I took a fairly large step on the "corporate" ladder in the company that I work for. Ever since, there have been extensive changes within the business. Offices have been changed, positions have changed... improvement and expansive was our goal. I am responsible for making that happen. After a lot of research, I finally found a program to make my new position as a Sales Manager a lot more effective and much simpler. For the past month, I have been working like a madwoman to make sure I learned the ins & outs of this software in order to make sure things ran smoothly for my team. 

Just when I thought I was going to have a breakthrough in my project development, everything I worked so hard for was taken away from me. My boss received the monthly charges he would need to pay in order to keep the software up and running and decided that it was not worth the price. THINGS I COULD HAVE KNOWN A MONTH AGO! 

One month of work on my end has now gone to complete waste. This week I dedicated most of my time to setting up new projects for my new employees coming in on MONDAY. I made template emails that would be uploaded into the software, pitches placed into the software and goals implemented into the fucking software and now it was literally just stripped away from me without warning. Before I could take any of my work out of the program, they shut me down. I am currently begging for access to get back in to at least retrieve some of the information I had inputted into it. Will I gain access back? Probably not. But I am going to push as hard as I can until someone over in that corporate office in Dallas breaks and gives me one hour to get in and get out.

I have to start from scratch. Find a new program or a new solution to my very big project. And I only have until the end of tomorrow to do it. New plan. One day. No time.

2 comments:

claymann22 said...

awwwwww boo boo!
It will work out, be the crafty asian that you are and work your magic. You are a bright girl and can do anything, as much as it sucks to have your hard work stripped of you because of incompetence, you need to keep that head on tight and stay focused and not let it get to you too much.
I got your back kiddo, you need help just shout!

Jen said...

Hah. I just noticed this message now. You know I have no problem shouting kid. ;)